When it comes to fashion, people usually get in with the latest trends, but when it comes to faux fur, it is always on the list of the latest trends, whether it is summer, autumn, winter or spring break. Faux furs were started to be used on a lot of products as time went by, now people use them for coats and vests, slippers, and pretty accessories. The faux fur vests are still on trend for this season and prove that it never gets out of style. It solely depends upon its maintenance and care because it might get dried up easily when it’s hot.
Know the difference between faux fur and real fur vests
Faux fur has been dominant in the fashion industry ever since it was introduced. It was man-made and appeared to be more ethical for the designers and the shoppers because no animals were harmed during its production.
- Be cautious when you buy these vests, as it was reported that retailers were found selling real fur to customers saying it was faux.
- Make sure you always check the label and keep an eye out for the best fibres that will give it a good texture and last longer.
- Compared to faux fur, real fur tends to get worn out soon, as the hair attached to it starts to fall out a lot, just like hair falling out of your head. It’s just inevitable to stop that.
- Since faux fur is artificial and is stitched onto the fabric it is very durable.
- Top-notch fabric of faux will retain itself.
- Real fur vests are soft to touch and have a good feel to them, but faux fur vests are a little rough and sticky sometimes.
Benefits of faux fur vests
- Compared to real fur, faux fur looks better and voluminous and can still look better after years of usage, unlike real fur, which fades in a year or less.
- The vests are given a synthetic lining which makes them last longer.
- It is comparatively more resilient and can stand up to frequent wear, especially during cold weather.
- The vests have faux fur knit in them. It takes a lot of labour and time to create a heavy-weight fabric, and dyeing the product increases its value.
- These vests go under a lot of work to make them voluminous and thicker for the winter season.
- They are a little more expensive compared to other coats. It is because of all the work that is put into making it. But it’s most definitely worth the cost.
- There are different types of faux fur available from which you can choose, the most popular ones are vests made of faux fox, faux shearling, faux rabbit and many more.
How to take care of faux fur vests the right way
- It comes with a light wash, you don’t have to put too much pressure.
- Submerge the vest in a tub of soapy water and then rinse it in normal water. Be cautious and remove excess water.
- Allow it to drip-dry
- Lastly, brush and Untangle the knotted fur.
Tips to remember
- Pair your vest with any outfit and still stay in style.
- Do not wear the faux fur vest out when it’s raining, as it will ruin the texture of the fur.
- The fake fur might sometimes fall off from the vest, so to avoid that, make sure there isn’t too much sunlight where you dry it.
- The more it gets dried up, the more it starts to lose its texture and fall out.
- Store it in a place that does not have too much exposure to light or heat.