It is possible to get insurance for an iPhone that is tailored to the needs of iPhone owners. In addition to the regular mobile phone insurance benefits, this plan also provides coverage for Apple-specific items and services.
So, the best way to cover your iPhone is to purchase an iPhone insurance to cover in case of accidental damage, breakdown or theft.
Is your iPhone covered by a warranty?
iPhones are no exception to the rule when it comes to pricey smartphones that are also delicate and easy to shatter. When it comes to protecting your iPhone, it may be a smart idea to get iPhone insurance.
However, you don’t want to go overboard with your insurance. Check to see whether you’re receiving mobile phone coverage as part of your home insurance. If you’re still inside the warranty period, you may be able to get compensation for any damage you’ve sustained.
AppleCare+ vs. iPhone insurance: which is better?
No matter where you bought your iPhone, you’re covered by AppleCare, the company’s extended warranty programme. You get a year of warranty coverage, as well as 90 days of phone assistance, when you buy an iPhone.
If you want more extensive protection for your iPhone, you may also purchase AppleCare+ and AppleCare+ with theft and loss from Apple
- There is an additional year of phone assistance included with AppleCare+’s one-year extension of warranty. AppleCare+ also covers two unintentional damage events, with an extra price for shattered screens and an excess fee for any other sort of damage.
- Everything in AppleCare+ is included, as well as coverage in the event that your phone is stolen or misplaced.
- Immediate access to technical assistance is available at all times
- Earphones that arrived with the device are included in the hardware cover for your phone and other devices.
- Troubleshooting software
AppleCare+ is pricey, but so is phone insurance. When it comes to iPhones, repairs may be quite costly, so those who are prone to mishaps may feel more secure if they have some type of iPhone insurance cover.
What is covered by iPhone insurance?
As with conventional mobile phone insurance, you may be protected against the following things if you get iPhone insurance.
- You’re out of luck if you’ve misplaced your iPhone anywhere.
- Loss: in the event that your iPhone is taken
- Damage caused by a mishap or other external factors
- If someone purposely ruins it, it’s considered malicious harm.
- A liquid spilled on it, whether by you or someone else, will cause harm.
- Cracked screen? Use a screen cover.
- A mechanical or electrical failure occurs after the warranty term has expired.
- If you have a hands-free kit or case that also becomes lost, damaged, or stolen, you’ll need to replace them.
- You may file a claim for an incident that occurred outside of the United States if it occurs while you are abroad.
- If you have iPhones in your family, you’ll want this coverage.
- If a thief steals your phone and utilizes your E-Wallet function, such as Apple Pay, they’ll be able to make purchases.
- If someone steals your phone and uses it to make or receive calls, send or receive texts, or download anything, it’s considered an unauthorized use.
A cracked screen, liquid damage, and theft and loss are the most typical reasons for a claim on a mobile phone. If you want to be sure your iPhone is completely safe, you should consider include this sort of coverage in your policy.
Insurance companies are required by law to replace any iPhone that is damaged beyond repair, but they may not give you an entirely new one. What happens if you misplace your iPhone? Is it possible that it was taken? When insuring their phone, more than five out of six customers choose to cover theft or accidental loss. Only 5% of new policyholders opt out of including coverage for unintentional damage.
An additional advantage of buying iPhone insurance is that it may also cover your other Apple gadgets, like iPads, AirPods, Macs, and Apple Watches. In order to ensure that this is the case, it is important to read the fine print of your policy.
The use of different devices:
Consider seeing whether your insurance company provides multi-device covers if you have more than one iPhone or if there are many iPhones in your family.
In certain cases, getting multi-device coverage is less expensive than getting a separate policy for each device, which may save you money on your insurance costs. Before signing on the dotted line, carefully review your policy details and evaluate your alternatives.
iPhone insurance has a few common exclusions:
Depending on the insurance company, iPhone cover may have various exclusions. Reasons why your insurance company may not pay out include:
- In any case, you bought your iPhone outside of the UK.
- You got a great deal on a used iPhone.
- If your iPhone is more than three months old, it’s considered “old.”
- Your iPhone does not have a functioning SIM card.
- The iPhone has already suffered some harm.
- Your claim exceeds the amount of insurance you purchased.
- Immediately after purchasing the coverage, you are claiming.
Do you have to pay a lot of money for iPhone insurance?
The following factors may affect the cost of iPhone insurance:
Your iPhone’s make and model are important to us.
To insure a newer phone, such as an iPhone SE or iPhone 11, you may wind up spending somewhat more than someone who has an older model like an iPhone 7 or 8.